Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Parked in the garage, finally....


Official Tear-Down  - Day 1

I was able to push "Red" into the garage for the first time last week.   Our yard shed was finally delivered and I was able to move out alot of items that were cluttering up the space.

I guess this is officially Day One of the tear-down, Wwwwwoooo-hhoooOO!

















I have started to remove all the bolts and screws to remove the Meyers hard top.  Hopefully, I will become proficient at removing rusty bolts since there are so many all over "Red".  I broke the heads off three bolts removing the rear fender tire carrier.  PB Blaster has become my friend, but even it has not been enough at times.  Last night I purchased a BernzOmatic torch kit for heating up stubborn bolts.  I will update on how this process works.

I'm curious to see how long it takes to get it down to the bare frame.  

Laters, Tim D

1 comment:

  1. Guaranteed you will become a master at removing rusty/ broken screws and bolts - drilling, tapping, screw extractors, heat, cussing, bloody knuckles - ahhhhh the wonders of restoring a Willys!!

    That is a real neat Jeep you have there and I look forward to viewing your progress.

    ReplyDelete