Wednesday, August 19, 2009

From Russia, with Love...

Well, I am happy to say that Lil' Rusty Red has finally arrived.

After lunch, my wife received a call from Alex, the Russian man who is delivering my Jeep, he said that he would be dropping it off between 5:00 - 8:00 pm.
Alex's accent was so heavy my wife thought it was a joke. Once he was closer he called to get our address for his GPS. 

I noticed a few drops of rain hitting the patio. By the time he got close the storm arrived in full force! I drove and met him a few minutes from the house and told him to unload it and I would drive it home with my wife close behind in the '06 Mustang. He kept saying, "Good drive, good drive!" while making a gesture like turning a key in the ignition. I wish i had a picture of that!

He was right. The Jeep cranked up fine and I drove it home with little problem.

The aftermarket wipers are less than desirable and
the windshield was all fogged up. I noticed a good amount of play in the steering. The brakes are hard but do stop the Jeep.

It didn't matter to Agnes, she was excited to see it!

Here are a few pictures of it on the way home.






Here are some once we were home.






Agnes' first time to sit in the Jeep !


once the weather improves I will get a lot of good pictures for everyone to see.

See ya soon, Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment